Levi is tertiary qualified geologist with over 10 years industry experience covering leadership in underground mining, project management, contractor management and safety leadership.
Levi is a safety focused, diligent and proactive professional with proven expertise in the delivery of large-scale projects and key business objectives, complemented by capacity for effective financial management. He builds and sustains robust relationships with key stakeholders and understands and utilises organisational dynamics to achieve objectives. Levi generates a genuine culture of safety, integrity and quality performance through controls and risk mitigation, and is a motivated and inclusive leader with extensive experience leading teams, managing budgets, performance and risk.
His experience includes:
- Underground hard rock mechanised mining.
- Lateral development – rapid development, mass excavation, decline development, in-cycle fibrecrete development
- Production stoping – transverse open stoping, longitudinal retreat, sub-level caving
- Underground construction – permanent services, ore pass infrastructure, ventilation infrastructure, dewatering infrastructure.
- Expatriate underground hard rock experience (Asia, Africa) – management, front line leadership, mentoring and coaching, community engagement, stakeholder engagement
- Mentoring and coaching of front-line leadership – safety performance, operational performance, work management systems and technology.
- Continuous improvement and best practice principles.
- Underground Emergency Management and Mines Rescue – Certificate III in Mine
- Emergency Response & Rescue Operations (Metalliferous).
- Explosives management, handling and transport.
- Contractor management – tendering, contractual, financial, operational.
- Raise boring and shaft lining.
- Lateral development.
- Underground capital and operational diamond drilling.
- Surface capital diamond drilling.
- Underground construction and mine services.
- Paste/Backfill management – batching, surface to underground reticulation, containment bulkheads, QAQC.