Across various roles in the resources sector Andrew has advised senior executives, management and boards on major project study and development, M&A opportunities and execution, asset closure as well as organisational, operational and technical issues. He has a diverse range of experience and skills including technical, operational, commercial and management roles both in Australia and overseas. Andrew has strong diagnostic and analytical skills together with designing methodology and work that gets things done. He is passionate about technical excellence, individual development, and effective teams.
Andrew’s experience includes:
- development of mining strategy for large greenfield and brownfield projects.
- effective delivery of studies across the development cycle.
- leading diverse, multi-disciplinary teams.
- scoping and leading the development of proprietary software.
- the development and execution of a stabilisation strategy for a multi mine complex including acquisition of additional reserves, significant IR reform and clarity in the long term plan.
- participation and direction in the major transformations of a domestic coal supply mine in Queensland.
In addition to a large number of advisory projects, roles have included:
- Study Lead various for large mining house greenfield and brownfield projects
- Operations Readiness Manager – WICET
- General Manager of Business Development – Anglo Coal Australia,
- General Manager – Callide Coalfields
- General Manager – Capcoal Joint Venture.
Andrew is a qualified mining engineer BE Mining (Hons) and holds an MBA.