Guilherme S. Barboza
Guilherme is a qualified and chartered Mining Engineer who has deep technical experience across a range of commodities (polymetallic deposits, precious metals, and coal) in both underground and surface mining. His experience has included operational, consulting, and corporate roles at Superintendent, Principal and Manager levels. Guil has been directly involved in several complex and challenging operations and projects, including leading multidiscipline technical services teams. As a consultant, Guil has had the opportunity to participate in a range of projects, studies, due diligences, and Ore Reserves estimations. Guil is a Competent Person as defined by the JORC Code for base and precious metals with the use of sublevel-stoping mining method.
Guil’s mine planning experience across short, medium and long term planning horizons within a number or operations and projects has resulted in a deep understanding of levers that can unlock and add significant value to studies, projects and operations through long-term planning, business planning and mining studies.
Guil’s experience includes;
- Base Metals, Precious Metals and Hard Coking Coal.
- Business Planning processes and Long-Term Mine Planning (Life of Mine).
- Ore Reserves estimation.
- Cut-off grade strategy.
- Mine Planning (short, medium and long-term planning).
- Mining and infrastructure strategy review and development.
- Management of multi-disciplinary teams for operational execution and mining studies.
- Experience with multiple mining software packages (Deswik, MSO/SO, Studio5DP, StudioUG, Minesight, Vulcan, ShotPlus).