Mark is an internationally experienced senior executive and non-executive director who has worked in a broad range of roles in the mining, energy and infrastructure industries. His experience includes 20 years with Shell, 7 years with Anglo American, 5 years heading an independent company and 8 years advisory consulting.
His experience covers coal, gas, LNG and power businesses and includes:
- operational management
- M&A divestments and acquisitions
- restructuring of mining companies
- corporate strategy development
- improvement initiatives
- developing major projects with large multi-disciplinary project teams.
He has worked in Australia, Africa, China, UK, Venezuela, Canada as well as in many countries where their products are marketed.
His executive roles include:
- GM – Callide Coalfields Joint Venture, Shell
- Head of Business Development (Africa), Shell International Gas
- GM – Power and International Business Development, Shell Coal
- Head of Growth & Strategy, Anglo Coal
- Head of Surface Operations, Anglo Coal
- Project Director/Chief Executive, Wiggins Island Coal Export Terminal
Mark is a qualified mining engineer, has held a First Class Mine Managers and has a GAICD qualification.
He has been a non–executive director of the Queensland Resources Council, Jellinbah Resources and a member of the Australian Coal Association executive.