Mark McAndrew is a mining engineer with over 35 years of experience in mining operations across the globe in delivering strategic results in the mining industry. He was employed in numerous senior management positions in the mining industry before establishing Optimine in 1996. He has had extensive experience in assisting operations and projects through planning, maintenance and management support and has enjoyed considerable success in reconfiguring operations to be more efficient and cost effective.
His recent experience includes:
- Mining Lead for major mining project in Queensland for Major Mining Company
- Project Management and consulting to large mining operation in Indonesia.
- Mine Improvement work for Large Lead Zinc Mine.
- Optimine was the lead in a feasibility study to completely reconfigure a major operation in Queensland. The study was approved and Optimine assisted in the implementation stage through 2011.
- Major Mining Project Work as mining lead for Major Mining House.
- Management of small open cut coal operation near Bengkulu Sumatra
- Due Diligence work for International Banks for Indonesian Mining Operation
Mark has a Bachelor of Engineering (Mining) 1975 University of Queensland and a Limited Mine Managers Certificate (Queensland) 1981.