Andrew has advised senior executives and boards on M&A opportunities and execution, asset closure, project development, organisational design and operational and technical issues. He has a diverse range of experience and skills including technical, operational, commercial and management roles both in Australia and overseas. Earlier experience in a technical consulting role has equipped Andrew with strong diagnostic and analytical skills together with an appreciation of what is required to get things done.
His experience includes:
- the development and execution of a stabilisation strategy for a multi mine complex including acquisition of additional reserves, significant IR reform and clarity in the long term plan;
- participation and direction in the major transformations of a domestic coal supply mine in Queensland;
- an open cut coal mine in Venezuela.
His recent roles includes:
- General Manager of Business Development – Anglo Coal Australia,
- General Manager – Callide Coalfields
- General Manager – Capcoal Joint Venture.
Andrew is a qualified mining engineer BE Mining (Hons) and holds an MBA.